February 1, 2011

Ponies and Bras

Apparently I need a remedial class on animals. I saw a horse today and told you it was a cow. You got the noise right though with an aggressive “mooooooooooooo”. Your mom decided that she’d be the one to teach you two about animals. With that, we had to set some ground rules. Turns out I’m responsible for teaching you left and right, colors, and animal sounds. Your mom gets the animals themselves, girl-things, and feelings. You can come to me any time, about anything, including those things that are officially your mom’s. But if you ask me about a bra or something, I just might tell you mooooo.

6 comments:

  1. We must be related... I got a cow and a horse mixed up with one of my kids also! Scary! Randi gave me heck for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It happens. But your kids really don't look like either of those animals...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait... there's a difference between horses and cows???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you love it when you're trying to be profound and all people do is make silly comments. Must be the intellect of the Brose side!! Or maybe it's the fact that we are city folk! Good thing Kiki knows the diff!
    I must say though that a raised voice every now and then is fine. Sort of prepares them for life. Just as long as they know lots of love and the raised voice is in their best interest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. It can be a tool, when used properly. If you raise your voice to everything, you raise your voice for nothing. That's what I'd like to avoid.

    ReplyDelete

Want to add something? Please comment. I'm always looking for insight or criticism.